A reliable examination of your heart
Calcium Scoring and Cardiac CT/Angiography
Computed tomography of the heart: calcium scoring (establishing the amount of calcified plaque in a patient’s arteries) and a cardiac CT/angiography (imaging of the coronary arteries) make it possible to diagnose any possible changes in your heart that could lead to disease.
- A cardiac CT examination informs patients whether they may suffer from a coronary heart disease, for example narrowing of the arteries or not.
- The procedure can be completed as an out-patient.
- The best technical equipment makes it possible to generate the most precise images and leads to a major reduction of the radiation patients are exposed to.
- The wide opening of the CT scanner can comfortably accommodate more corpulent patients and reduces the stress that some patients suffer in enclosed spaces.
- A computer-aided assessment process facilitates a precise evaluation of your heart images.
- The particular advantage of cardiac CT/angiography lies in the accuracy of the possible diagnosis. Patients who do not suffer from a narrowing of their coronary arteries (Stenosis) can exclude the possibility of contracting a serious coronary heart disease by almost 97 to 100 percent.
- This makes it possible to avoid a riskier cardiac catheterization examination at a hospital in many cases.
- We complete our hear examinations with one of the most high-performance and modern CT scanners available in the world.